Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 1 - Welcome!

Before I begin, let me just say that I am not a professor of any sort. I'm assigning myself that title, because... well, because it sounds awesome and authoritative!

Now, to get to the meat of it all. Why does this blog now exist? Funny you should ask. My prupose in creating this blog is to get as many people as I can to learn how to THINK about things, and hopefully get me to think in new ways.

I see the root of the world's problems as the inability for us to do the very simple task of thinking. When things don't make sense to us, we are taught not to question; but rather to listen to those who are in authority, and follow the rules. It all starts the first time our parents tell us, "because I said so!" From that point, we can either fall in line, or question and risk receiving the hand on the rear-end treatment (or in my case, a switch).

Am I going to save the world? Meh... probably not. However, I know I can create an environment that can open people's minds (certainly my own).

No matter what subject is brought up, the only rule is: Don't be afraid to be wrong. As my favorite professor in college once told me, "Sometimes the best way to find out what something is, you first have to find out what it isn't." If there is one thing I truly know in this world, it's that I don't know everything. I don't like being wrong, but I'm certainly not afraid of it.

And it isn't about winning or losing. It's about LEARNING. Whether or not you agree with me or anyone else in a certain debate or discussion is irrelivant. Learn something from it. Understanding how someone else thinks or believes is empowering!

So, let's get this party started! Bring your opinion. Bring your data. Bring a BLT (Mmmm... bacon!). And one more thing... I'm not the best at updating every day. In fact, I'll basically be adding new things as they come up, but in the spirit of starting off strong, I'll find something to talk about today and bring you my opinion tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I think this blog is a great idea! Having an open forum for ideas, questions and opinions is a wonderful to think and grow.

    And of course the use of "Meh" and the topic of bacon always catches my attention.

    ReplyDelete